Sunday, October 2, 2011

parenting dilemma

Once in a while, it would be nice to know that Chris supports the way that I discipline my kids. While I love them to death, i am not going to let them walk all over me and they are trying to start that.
He doesn't like it when I swat bottoms. Honestly, I don't like it either, because I have to hit harder than i am comfortable with to do any good. Chris doesn't approve of me smacking their mouth when they talk back either. Timeout is a waste. It doesn't phase either of my girls in the slightest way. Tonight, I made Cailin give me a quarter back for not listening to me and even that was an unacceptable form of punishment. I am at my witts end. I need to do something different. I need to make them know that I mean business and they need to listen. I don't want to be a hitler type of authoritarian, however, i would like to have some control. Chris doesn't see what i see all day long. It is a lot different for us because he is working all day while I am home with Cailin and Malia all day. He doesn't see them giving attitudes. he doesn't see them talking mean to each other and to me. He doesn't see it when I ask them 85 times to do something and it still isn't done.
I'm not sure what i need to do to get chris on the same page as I am, but something really needs to be done. SOON.

No comments: