Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Not Spoiling me

DO NOT tell me that you want to take my daughter away from me so you can spoil me. This is not the way to do it. It is not going to make me happy. I am happy when I am with her. She has the biggest smile that will brighten my days. She can tell if I am sad and comes and gives hugs and kisses without being asked. She is my pride and joy. Giving me a "bunch of days off" to "spoil me" isn't the way to do it... come cook for me. Clean my house, do my laundry, but DO NOT tell me that you are going to take my daughter for a while to "spoil me"!!!!!!

Sheesh, my in-laws can be soo frickin retarded. I understand they want to spend time with Cailin, but why can't they spend time with cailin while i am around? Why do they have to claim they want to spoil me... they don't. They just want to have an excuse to have cailin to them selves.

I know I should not be so paranoid, but with all the nakedness issues at their house at Thanksgiving, and then ther eis still that comment that was said 2 years ago that i don't think i will ever forget, i am a little hesitant!! When Cailin was first born, Billie made a comment "I can't wait to get some time alone with Cailin so we can do things with her OUR way". If you know that someone says this about your child, how inclined to leave that child with them would you be?
There are other issues other than that comment... like the fact they think she needs to 'munch' all-day-long... and then wonders why she doesn't eat her meals... or the last time that i did ask them to babysit. i asked if they would take her downstairs to the play room and let her play there. I was told "I don't think you are going to get Roger away from the games on TV tonight". If that is the case, why did you bother to offer to babysit... you have to INTERACT with a child you are taking care of... not just let them run on their own. Play with them, give them hugs, let them know they are more important than some stupid ass football game on TV. (This was in January). I had told them, "There is a brocoli chicken casserold in the fridge for Cailin for dinner". We come home, they chose to give her 2 hotdogs instead of something NUTRITIOUS that she LIKES!!! Hotdogs are fine once in a while, but if you are going to igve them to her, for God sakes, try to remember she isn't even 2 yet. You can not give it to her whole, and let her bite chunks off... that is the PERFECT choking size for her. they need to be cut into quarters first.

Gee, tell me again why am I so paranoid to give them time alone with my daughter when they are her Grandparents?

No comments: