Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy? New Years?

We were at Chris's grandma's house visiting with his parents as well as aunt janette and uncle don. Things were going well to start. Cailin was tired when we arrived. I tried to lay her down to nap. Chris, uncle don and roger were watching football, and tend to get easily excited. They were LOUD! I had Cailin asleep 3 different times and each time, they would yell about some play on TV and it would wake her up. I finally, tried to leave the room. Cailin cried. I started to walk into the kitchen and Chris asked if she is having trouble falling asleep. My response was probably a bit harsh, but after trying for 45 minutes, I was getting frazzled to say the least. I just responded with "I had her asleep 3 different times, but ya'll kept waking her up when you yell at the TV". Seriously, if you know someone is trying to put a toddler to sleep in a house with paper thin walls where you can hear everything, you would think they could quiet down just a touch. Rogers response had me FUMING for a while!!!!!! He says "football is on, don't expect us to be quiet". I bit my tongue and didn't say anything, but i really wanted to tell him that if he couldn't be courtious enough to help her fall asleep, then he can deal with her when she is tired and grumpy and hitting and kicking. The truth is that Cailin isn't even that bad when she is tired, but it was just really inconsiderate i thought.

No comments: